Saltwater System for an Above-ground Pool
Studies have shown that a saltwater system for an above-ground pool is cheaper and easier on the skin than chlorine. A saltwater system for your above-ground pool is a good choice whether you’re just installing one or already have one and want to make a change. Saltwater makes the water softer, lessens the number of chemicals you have to use, and is low maintenance compared to chlorine. This guide will explore saltwater systems for an above-ground pool and explain what your options are.
What are the benefits of a salt pool?
Chlorine has been the traditional chemical of choice to clean pools, but salt does the same job and has advantages over chlorine.
- Saves money: You will use less salt than chlorine and lessen spending to replace chemicals over time.
- Easier to use: Chlorine can be dangerous under certain conditions, while salt is a safer alternative.
- Odor: Some find the chlorine odor unpleasant, while salt has no noticeable scent.
- No skin irritation: Everyone has experienced coming out of a chlorine pool with red eyes and itchy skin. Salt prevents this problem.
- Water texture: Salt cleaned water is silkier and softer than chlorine cleaned water.
What do I need to know before I install a saltwater system in my above-ground pool?
Installment and maintenance of a saltwater system for your pool are quick and easy, but there are some facts you should know.
- Pool size: Knowing the size of your pool will let you know what type of saltwater system you need.
- Space: Make sure you have space set aside where your saltwater system can fit.
- Usage: The more you use the pool, the more you’ll need to clean its water. Knowing how often you’ll be swimming is key in knowing what type of saltwater system to buy.
- Compatibility: Saltwater systems are compatible with almost all filtration systems, but it’s a good idea to check before you purchase one.
How we can help
At Salt Industries, our top priority is to make sure our products and services meet or exceed our customers’ expectations. Our experience has given us the expertise to provide our customers with the right product for their specific situations. If you have any questions about a saltwater system for your above-ground pool, click here for more information.